posted on 29th Mar 2021
Head Chef – Hotel & Event Head Chef
Head Chef required for an Independent Hotel & Wedding venue set in over 100 acres of beautiful gardens, this lovingly restored 18th Century mansion provides exclusive use for weddings, events, parties and conferences. The property hosts 30 bedrooms, with ballroom, ceremony rooms, bar & lounge areas, plus lots of space for any marquee or outside activities. The salary is £35,000 - £37,000 plus live-in accommodation is available.
As Head Chef you will work as a key player in the management team moving the business forward and striving for further success, awards & recognition. You will lead the kitchen-based operations and be responsible for menu design & implementation, food safety, budgets, sourcing new suppliers & produce, stock control and any due diligence/legislation. Working with fresh quality produce, and with the freedom to use your creativity, this is the perfect opportunity for an ambitious Head Chef to move to the next step! The Hotel has a fine dine Restaurant, relaxed bar and wedding trade (exclusive use) so you must be well organised and be able to run multi styles of service. A DBB experience is provided with a TDH menu for guests. This role is a hands-on team position, working with a small team and you must be able to work well under pressure.
As Head Chef, you will be in complete control of the kitchen -
Ideal skills & experience for this position
• The ability to produce & deliver high quality fresh food at both Restaurant TDH & C&B event level
• Extensive experience working at Sous Chef/Head Chef level within the events or private catering industry.
• Exceptional food hygiene & health & safety practices and accountable for the cleanliness and safe systems of work in all kitchens including any due diligence/legislation
• Strong & professional organisation & communication skills
• Menu design & implementation, food safety, budgets, sourcing new suppliers & produce, stock control
• Accountable for performance of the team including overall guest experience, staff management, training & development, gross profits, waste management
• The ability to lead, teach & work as part of a team improving performance & standards
• Reliable, professional, flexible & honest
Live in available, excellent salary, 28 days holidays, all meals provided uniforms provided and laundered, car parking available.
In accordance and compliance with the "Asylum and Immigration Act 1996" all applicants applying for the above position will be required to provide evidence of their eligibility to live and work in the United Kingdom. Unfortunately, at this point in time we are unable to accept applications from anyone not living in the U.K.
Catermatch Solutions is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
E-mail your CV now to or call 07976 409211 for this Chef position and many more exciting Chef opportunities