Head of Hospitality
Catermatch Solutions are recruiting for an enthusiastic and experienced individual to head the hospitality operations of a multiple event business. The operations role is to develop the management team whilst ensuring at all times that the guests, the entertainment acts, daily customers and the visitors experience is exceptional across the group. At present two venues are in operation with further acquisitions awaiting completion.
The venues offer a unique bar, food, café, event & theatrical space - available to general public admissions, organised performances & induvial private event spaces, It’s a vibrant artistic event venue with lots of activities, shows, entertainment & daily socialising amongst locals and invitees. Supported by The Arts Council & Heritage Fund.
As Head of Hospitality & operations you will be overseeing every aspect of the day to day running of the event venues. You will liaise with your management teams and the skilled and enthusiastic team members to maintain and enhance the reputation of the venue even further. This is a role that requires experience, maturity and management ability. The operational targets are to drive the business forward as the place to be for both customers and staff. Create spaces for customers, artists and hirers that is welcoming, exciting, clear and accessible where they feel safe and looked after, going above and beyond where possible and ensuring they return in the future. Also, to deliver the business as an employer of choice and excellence, by nurturing, maintaining and developing a high performance culture which supports the business needs whilst maintaining a work place atmosphere that is both fun but efficient.
- A positive attitude with enthusiasm for the role and working environment
- To promote staff to provide a high standard of customer service at all times
- Excellent managerial skills and the ability to lead, motivate, and communicate with staff members
- Excellent organisational skills
- To manage difficult customers and situations and turn the into positive memories
- To be able to fix cellar issues
- Ability to use the knowledge of the business to be able to speak on behalf of the company when
required to do so; ensuring nothing is promised without prior consent
- Attention to detail
- Strong IT Skills
- Operational responsibility for the smooth and efficient day to day running of the organisation’s programme of activities and events, ensuring that facilities and core service functions are fit for purpose.
- Develop strategy to ensure the successful development of services and their safe and effective coordination.
- To work with Head of Production and the Health & Safety Officer, to ensure adherence to relevant legal, health & safety regulations and guidelines
- To ensure the event & arts spaces are set up on time and to the correct
specifications utilising the events team
- Hold full knowledge of UK licensing laws, to ensure the bars are run in
accordance with Licensing and Hygiene legislation, and ensure team members understand their responsibilities in relation to this, maintaining appropriate records
- Responding to opportunities to increase sales and enhance audience experience.
- Act as Wedding Co-Ordinator on weddings when required
- Ensure all elements of the agreement between Us and the Hirer are meet and standards are always maintained.
- Hire qualified personnel when needed
- Organise and coordinate people and operations
- Ensure supplies and equipment quantity and quality meet our requirements
- Develop and communicate standard operating procedures
- To line manage the front of house management, front of house staff and chefs
- To oversee the co-ordination of staff team rotas to ensure appropriate level of cover for operational activities and events to budgets given
- Maintain and develop staff records of training, skills audits, and staff HR notes with support of Admin
- To develop appropriate methods for positive and creative recruitment
ensuring the staff team reflects the organisation’s commitments to the arts
- To ensure managers identify and deliver appropriate training and
development for staff
- To design and maintain work experience and work placements in line with the organisation’s ethos
- Manage relationships with internal teams, building effective relationships between the events team, management team and directors
- Annual salary, 40 hours per week, overtime paid in lieu
- 33 days annual leave, pension contribution & employee assistance programme
- Car & travel allowance
- Company laptop & mobile phone allowance
- Company training, development & progression opportunities
In accordance and compliance with the "Asylum and Immigration Act 1996" all applicants applying for the above position will be required to provide evidence of their eligibility to live and work in the United Kingdom. Unfortunately, at this point in time we are unable to accept applications from anyone not living in the U.K. E-mail your CV now for this position and many more exciting opportunities.